[ARMedslack] Hello

Thorsten Mühlfelder thenktor at gmx.de
Wed Aug 18 15:25:10 UTC 2010

Am Saturday 14 August 2010 18:20:45 schrieb Tyler T:
> Hello and welcome! There doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic on this
> list, I guess because Armedslack "just works". Salix looks perfect for
> netbooks, maybe an ARM port of it is in order. ;)

Now I've managed to get Armed Slack working on an Olimex SAM9-L9260 Board
(http://www.olimex.com/dev/sam9-L9260.html). Got this thing very cheap from
eBay. It features a 180 MHz Atmel AT91SAM9260 CPU, 64 MB RAM and 512 MB
Flash.
I've used some Atmel tool to program boot loader and kernel to the NAND and
then I could boot the mini rootfs from an USB stick.
Biggest problem was: The Olimex board is supported by vanilla kernel, but it
won't work unless you'll add the patch from Olimex homepage, too. This mademe
headaches for some time :-) BTW: I've used the toolchain from Codesourcery to
compile the kernel.

Now I wonder if I should buy an IGEPv2 board. It seems very promising. This
indeed would be a nice thing to start a Salix port. Does anybody have
experience with this one? I did not do any more research on the IGEPv2, but
perhaps somebody knows how to program a boot loader and a kernel on it?
It features a micro SD slot which I would use as data or even as root
partition.

Regards
Thorsten