[ARMedslack] slackware on chumby one

Graeme Wolfendale gwolfendale at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 19:32:15 UTC 2010

Ok

Little update. Pretty frustrating this I have the rootdisk, firstly
the microsd in the chumby seemed to be write only so i spent £5 on a
new 1gb microssd. All good there. So I connect the usb reader up to
linux. According to instructions from the web i did this:

fdisk -l to find out that it is /dev/sdb1
then fdisk /dev/sdb1 to make a 1gb linux partition
then mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdb1

then i try to mount like this:

mkdir /mnt/sdb1
mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1

error no such dir

so i try
mount /dev/sdb1

ok bit more info this time. I need to edit /etc/fstab
so I edit this file by running my text editor with sudo as root, save
it with the new line for this usb drive, try to mount again. Still
nothing !

What am I doing wrong here ?

Graeme

PS: I do RTFM before anyone says ;)