[armedslack] I think I am missing something?

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Mon Sep 14 18:54:41 UTC 2009

> The kernel patches come in mainline, but in linux-next before mainline:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git;a=commitdiff;h=7eeae54c68e91c46ec170e764d1cceac81f35969
> I think the fork is more to have a working kernel than to have a real fork of linux.

ah I didn't know it'd got into linux-next.

I know the fork isn't a fork of Linux, but I thought it was a fork of
Marvell's own git tree.

I'm still not sure what's going on with it (I might pose the question on
the openrd google group) though, but the google group is linked from
www.open-rd.org, so perhaps the support is just being handled by someone
else.

> P.S.: I received by SP, I will play with flashing a kernel and initrd.

Flashing to the NAND?

This script shows how to flash the kernel to the NAND -- it's two commands
- 1 to erase and the next to flash.
http://sheeva.with-linux.com/sheeva/README-2.6.30.5

When I last played with this, I thought that even if we can get the initrd
into the flash, how do we update the u-boot boot arguments with the
offsets without the user nothing down the values & doing it by hand?
I was wondering if there's a way of updating the u-boot parameters from
inside Linux.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org