[armedslack] I think I am missing something?

Stephen Pirk steve at pirk.com
Fri Sep 11 18:59:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 09:47, Frank Guibert <frank.guibert at gmail.com>wrote:

> > heh.  I saw this and wondered the same thing, but assumed (I hope) that
> > Steve was calling it the "arm netbook" because he wanted to put
> ARMedslack
> > under QEMU on it!
> >
> > Anyway, my OpenRD client has arrived just now so I'm really looking
> > forward to having an ARM box with keyboard, VGA and sound.  Now I just
> > have to find where the openrd kernel patches are and drop update the
> > kirkwood kernel.
>
> Well....my SheevaPlug is in my former company in England and I am now
> working in Paris so I don't have a chance to play with it until I go
> back over there to get drunk with my ex-colleagues...and fetch the
> baby !
>
> The fit-pc 2 is a nice low power thingy as well....except for the
> poulsbo graphic chipset which is a nightmare.....so I use it as a
> headless server !
>
> Anyway thanks Stuart keep up the good work I can't wait to try
> armedslack on my Plug !
>
> Frank

As soon as I get my sheeva loaded with armedslack (this weekend) and I get
it on the 'net, let me know and I should be able to create and account for
you to ssh into to play. Just don't break anything... ;-]

Yes, the Acer Aspire one 11.6 has the new 11.6 LED backlit display. If I can
get it to boot off the SD card, I will have a netbook that should run 8
hours or so off the battery [going with the led lcd, that added 2 hours to
the battery run time - just changing the display].

Ok, this is off-topic for the armedslack list. Maybe I start a netslack list
that centers around netbook thin client implementations...

Can't wait 'till I have the pocket change to order my open-rd dev boxen...
whoot!

-steve [egrep]
--
steve pirk