[armedslack] I think I am missing something?

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Sep 11 16:29:09 UTC 2009

> A netbook with an Intel Atom processor (x86 architecture) doesn't have
> an ARM type processor.
>
> So if you just want to install slackware on your Acer netbook you do
> not need armedslack at all....but the x86 version of slackware with a
> tweaked kernel supporting the intel ide controller.

heh.  I saw this and wondered the same thing, but assumed (I hope) that
Steve was calling it the "arm netbook" because he wanted to put ARMedslack
under QEMU on it!

Anyway, my OpenRD client has arrived just now so I'm really looking
forward to having an ARM box with keyboard, VGA and sound.  Now I just
have to find where the openrd kernel patches are and drop update the
kirkwood kernel.

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org