[armedslack] I think I am missing something?

Stephen Pirk steve at pirk.com
Thu Sep 10 17:48:10 UTC 2009

That is what I thought. Pretty cool running aserver in a window, but I could
not get the mouse out, so the laptop was "locked" for the night long build.

Yeah, I am seeing all this now. Slack _should_ just install, but it cannot
find the IDE drive. Verra strange. I used dd to copy the qume image to a sd
card, and poped it in. Same result: "operating system not found". I even
installed from the slack 13 dvd iso and the install went fine, but no boot.

Somewhere there is a switch, I just have to find it. Others posted lots of
boot flags ide=xxx and other noporobe fails. Nothing. lspci never sees a hdd
device.

Let me load fedora again and see what it does with the disk. Like you
mentioned earlier, it will probably be a /dev/sda scsi device.

Ok, put the slack on the acer on hols, and time to load armedslack on my
sheeva. Whoot!

Thanks Stuart.

--
steve pirk