[armedslack] Anybody with a SheevaPlug

Karlan T. Mitchell karlanmitchell at gmail.com
Fri May 15 20:20:26 UTC 2009

Well I guess Ill take this time to introduce my self......

I've been using slackware for almost 10 years now and won't
using any distribution other except maybe Linux from scratch with
a BSD style init script and slackware's remove/install/makepkg ;)

Now my reason for switching to ARM (i still haven't switched yet)
is I am creating a simple touchscreen device for a specific market;
and while building a gnu/linux system from source isn't as bad as it sounds,
its still kinda a
pain; and even harder to maintain.  So I stumbled upon this distro and
decided it
would be much better for me to just base it off ARMedslack, so I could
submit
patches back into my favorite operating system!

Something slightly irrelevant to this list is what touchscreen devices would
this
community recommend for under $200(w/ WiFi);  Basically devices for OEM
sale, or just
cheap because it comes with no software.  The device doesn't need to be that
powerful
and even if its a ARM chip not supported by this project Id be glad to port
it (considering kernel/gcc ect already supports).

Thanks,

Karlan Mitchell
- http://3dstoneage.com

.6.30-rc5 Kernel, installer