[armedslack] ARMedslack now runs on the Marvell Sheevaplug!

Stuart Winter mozes at slackware.com
Sat May 9 13:19:12 UTC 2009

Hi

Just a quick note to say that ARMedslack now runs on the
Marvell Sheevaplug
http://www.marvell.com/products/embedded_processors/developer/kirkwood/sheevaplug.jsp

I've added a U-Boot tools package to ARMedslack in the 'a' series so that
Kernels can be built locally.  Now we need to wait for the Linux 2.6.30
Kernel to be released (since that is the first kernel.org version that
includes the Kirkwood CPU support), and then figure out what changes
need to be made to the Slackware installer.

I will delay the release of ARMedslack 12.2 until I've got the installer,
since I really want to target real ARM hardware rather than just
emulation.

--
Stuart Winter
www.slackware.com/~mozes