[armedslack] iyonix status

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Mon Jul 21 09:26:33 UTC 2008

Hi Niel

> no sadly, though I will probably hunt around for some patches if they exist,

All of the info available can be found at:
http://www.iyonix.com/linux.html

I also have some of the 2.4 patches:
ftp://ftp.armedslack.org/armedslack/armedslack-11.0/source/k/sources/linux-2.4/iyonix/

> and try booting the kernel.. I saw a bootloader (loadlin) in your tree, plus a
> copy of grub - which I have not had time to play with yet, is it still
> recommended to stick with loadlin at the moment, or is grub stable on arm?

The port author, Tim, didn't have an Iyonix
when I last checked, so GRUB is for the RiscPC only.
loadlin is what I used for the Iyonix.
Last I checked, the 2.4 port also only supported 512MB RAM.

My plan now is to release armedslack-current as a port of Slackware 12.1
including what exists of the RiscPC support, and then drop RiscPC support
from then on because the Kernel and drivers aren't maintained and
I'd rather focus on hardware that people care about and that I can see
results of my work!

I'm going to give Peter Naulls a nudge today; My Iyonix is an expensive
lump of machine sitting in my front room collecting dust otherwise ;-)