[armedslack] iyonix status

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Jul 18 18:19:52 UTC 2008

Hi Niel

> I really like the idea of putting slackware onto my iyonix - what is the
> state of the port ? The website seems hopeful, are the remaining issues
> to do with compiling missing core libraries or issues with booting the
> kernel ?

ARMedslack as is would work on the Iyonix (not sure about Xorg though) --
my Iyonix has armedslack 11.0 on it with a 2.4 Kernel;
but there is no working port of Linux 2.6 which is needed for the current
AS tree.  I'd love it if there
was though!  I asked Peter Naulls who did the 2.4 port and he said
he can't get 2.6 to boot.

If you know about Kernel internals please get in touch with Peter!

--
Stuart Winter
www.armedslack.org