[armedslack] loadlin woes

Niel Drummond niel.drummond at grumpytoad.org
Sun Aug 3 14:39:36 UTC 2008

Hi Stuart and list,

Everything seems to work as described, except the critical loadlin
bootup step :-|

I've tried a number of loadlin parameters, but the result is nearly
always an immediate black screen / hard crash. There is no disc access,
and I need to pull the power to start up again. The --dry-run option
gives me something more useful, but it does not look like a stack dump
or error:

===
*dir armedslack
*dir slackbt
*!Linloader.!Run --dry-run zImage2422
lll_sys_name = Castle IYONIX
lll_sys_id = 8
dram_layout_is_riscpc = 0
lll_rpc_vram_pages = 0
lll_pages = 65536
lll_memory_bank[] = {65536, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0}
proc_id = 0x69052C32
mc_id = 0xFF
Linloader 0.36 � 1999 Timothy Baldwin
Parts � Russell King, Matthias Seifert and others

System : Castle IYONIX
===

any help is much appreciated.. I'm going to try hunting down Timothy
Baldwin's email address, as he may be able to interpret the above

regards,

- Niel