[armedslack] New updates

Sunil Amitkumar Janki psychicistnonconformist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 08:40:19 UTC 2007

Stuart Winter wrote:
> ftp://ftp.armedslack.org/armedslack/armedslack-current/ChangeLog.txt
>
> KDE soon! ;)

So you have almost caught up to Slackware 12.0 :-). It took me a lot
of work but I have lately been running essentially Slackware 12.0 on
MIPS minus a few packages that didn't build but I see you have patches
for them. Now I'm building extra software and catching up with x86 in
that respect.

I still have to build an installer though but I think I can reuse much of
your procedure. Be sure to build KDevelop without $NUMJOBS though
because it will bail out with an error if you do. Its developers told me
it does so on x86 too.

I bought a Sun Enterprise 250 server a few days ago and I will gradually
port Slackware 12.0 to it over the coming month(s). Splack seems stuck
at 10.2 but I will ensure that the latest Slackware will run on the
architecture.

I am also looking forward to create IA64 and PA-RISC versions in the mid
to longer term if I can get hold of the hardware so Slackware will go to all
architectures that Debian has gone to and beyond :-).

Sunil