[armedslack] kernel patches

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Sun Aug 19 21:18:45 UTC 2007

> > Stuart ran up a kernel with some debug in for me - yres_virtual is getting
> > modified. Looks like the acornfb driver is increasing it to support ypan
> > for accelerated text scrolling.
>
> Has something changed in acornfb then ? I wouldn't have thought so to
> cause this.

I don't know - I didn't check.
The most recent things I did without immediate testing were when I
rebuilt all of Xorg, and upgrading to Linux 2.6.22.3

> Stuart - are you saying that applying the original patch makes things
> work ?

No - Jim thought the original patch was the cause of the problem
which motivated me to cut that stuff out of the patch.
Jim is going to look at how to fix it.

X.org works inside QEMU though so at least it works somewhere ;-)

--
Stuart Winter
www.armedslack.org