[armedslack] New updates

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Fri Aug 3 15:39:38 UTC 2007

> So you have almost caught up to Slackware 12.0 :-).

Almost.  I've just started KDE building -- we'll know whether it works in
about 4 days :-)

> MIPS minus a few packages that didn't build but I see you have patches
> for them. Now I'm building extra software and catching up with x86 in
> that respect.

I do?  I have some stuff but usually I find a later version and build
that, or I'll spend a while trawling gentoo and debian.

> I still have to build an installer though but I think I can reuse much of
> your procedure.

Hopefully -- if you make any improvements let me know!
It started off as quite a nice script but is looking a bit
hairy now.  Still, it works and I cannot think of a better way.

> I bought a Sun Enterprise 250 server a few days ago and I will gradually
> port Slackware 12.0 to it over the coming month(s). Splack seems stuck
> at 10.2 but I will ensure that the latest Slackware will run on the
> architecture.

Splack has been abandoned -- it's mentioned on the web site.
Shame really.  I had grand ideas of updating Splack but it just
takes too much time to do a good job -- at least for me: I did try some
of these meditation techniques to make you only need a few hours of sleep,
but it did not work yet and I got grumpy ;-)

> to longer term if I can get hold of the hardware so Slackware will go to all
> architectures that Debian has gone to and beyond :-).

Good luck!