[armedslack] kernel patches

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Thu Aug 2 17:51:37 UTC 2007

> The code in drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-acorn.c and drivers/rtc/rtc-pcf8583.c
> are all that's needed and off we go !
>
> Just enable those two options..... long pause.......

great - I have added those two -- and removed a tonne of the other RTC
devices -- to the RPC kernel config and I'm rebuilding the kernel
package.  It looks as if it'd have worked already if I'd have compiled I2C
into the kernel rather than as a module!

I'll remove the RiscPC checks from the sysvinit
scripts that prevent the clock being set from the RTC.