[armedslack] kernel patches

Alan Hourihane alanh at fairlite.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 20:41:35 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 16:06 +0100, Stuart Winter wrote:
> > Where's the current list of kernel patches for ARMedslack ??
> >

> There's only 3 there:
> ftp://ftp.armedslack.org/armedslack/armedslack-current/source/k/sources/linux-2.6/patches

Looking at the acornfb3.diff I think the only part which is worth
getting in is the disabling of INTERLACE & DOUBLESCAN modes.

The 24bpp support is bogus. It does exactly what 32bpp support is. Is
there a problem with starting X without this ??

And returning a multi-sync monitor instead of SVGA these days, is
probably a bad idea too. We can always override this on the command-line
anyway.

Alan.