[armedslack] ARM EABI

Sunil Amitkumar Janki psychicistnonconformist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 12:16:36 UTC 2007

Stuart Winter wrote:
> I meant to also add that when you get this working, you would
> be best to set the system date properly once you get to
> the installer's shell.

I use ntpdate from Armedslack so that's no problem.

> I'm just rebuilding Mesa and wondering whether I made the right
> choice with 'make linux-fbdev'.  I think so since all the ARM
> devices I have ever know about use a framebuffer.

We can always build alternate packages if necessary. QEMU uses a
framebuffer as well. That's how I run X so nothing to worry about except
graphics performance.

> Everyone else chooses linux-dri.  I may have to do some more
> docs consulting ;-)

That depends on whether you have a 3D graphics accelerator in one
of your computers. I only have a PDA and QEMU :-)

> Thoughts? :-)

I am trying to figure out how to build X in Slackware Current in an x86 vm
after ending up with many *.failed files when building in Armedslack.