[armedslack] X

Sunil Amitkumar Janki psychicistnonconformist at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 19:18:31 UTC 2007

Stuart Winter wrote:
> I Think I have found how to make X build. It's always the simple things.
>
> I don't know whether X will *work*, but having it build would be a pretty
> good start ;-)

I very much agree. There was someone on the LinuxQuestions Slackware
forum who
said that Xorg in Current was frustrating. I replied that in Armedslack
it didn't even
run at the moment, so nothing to feel too frustrated about :-)

That's why I have come to like virtual machines for the last few years.
You can test
all kinds of configurations. You can run released and test versions side
by side and
set up pristine build systems for packaging applications while still
enjoying a stable,
released Slackware system on your host.

That's also what I am doing with Armedslack now, running 11.0 and current in
separate QEMU machines, though not at the same time. I am now installing
Armedslack Current after trying with the installer but somehow it ran out of
space. So I am reverting to my tried and true method of "abusing" Debian to
install Armedslack :-)