[armedslack] Re: ARMedslack

Stuart Winter mozes at slackware.com
Sun Apr 1 09:24:18 UTC 2007

Hi Alan

( ccing armedslack list)

> > working.
>
> I can do the X patches. Just wondering about any kernel patches etc.

The only Kernel patches I have are
ftp://ftp.slackware.pl/pub/armedslack/armedslack-current/source/k/sources/linux-2.6/patches

The acorn framebuffer one you did;
the rapide v2 (unfinished - doesn't do CD drives I don't think, but works
fine for hard discs);
the booting of zImage -- Jim looked at what RMK said in the bugzilla about
updating this patch and couldn't understand what he was getting at, so it
remains as it is -- besides, it works and it's only for the RiscPC.

For the RiscPC the to do list is:
ftp://ftp.slackware.pl/pub/armedslack/armedslack-current/ARMedslack-TODO

The remaining X stuff for Xorg 6.9 was fixing the mapping of the keys
for the RiscPC: everything worked as expected inside QEMU.
The RiscPC key mapping could be fixed by xmodmap but I choose to have a
real key map file, or a fix upstream (if it's actually a bug - probably
isn't).  Anyway, the key mapping is the least of the issues at the moment
since xorg 7.2 doesn't work for me yet :-)

Btw I have opened the real ARMedslack master tree which can be rsynced
only - it's meant for mirrors:
 rsync -P bourbon.biscuit.org.uk::armedslack

This one will always be up to date before anything else.

Cheers
s.