[armedslack] Re: RiscPC install instructions for ARMedslack ?

Mark Smith markinnz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 02:16:27 UTC 2006

Hi Stuart,

Well I'm 95% done .. got to go get a proper hard disk on wednesday
since the 1.7Gb one is a pain to squeeze onto :-)

I've a basic install done and it boots nicely (I was very proud of
myself when I managed to install via NFS from the Mac :-)

Only thing I'm having trouble with is X ... it's been to long since
I've done anything the hard way (any chance of Armed-Knoppix ? :-)
running "startx" does nothing except give me an "X" cursor and then
back to console, xdm does give me a graphic login but then it to does
an "X" cursor and then back to the xdm login again.  Fairly certain
I've a few window managers installed, but like I said , been to long
on the easy road!

Once I get a new disk (80Gb one or something) I'll do a full install
and see if that's better.

Oh yes one other thing ... when the RiscOS boot Linux app starts, is
there a way for it to do it cleanly ?  Risc OS always complains that
the machine was not shutdown nicely the next time it starts.

Thanks!

Mark